This policy regards any personal data that I collect from you, or that you provide to me, which will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the new UK GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
As a member of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I also abide by the codes of ethics and professional conduct required by these organisations.
Please read the following carefully to understand how I will treat your personal data.
A. INFORMATION HELD
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on my website, including requests for further contact.
2. Records of correspondence by email or letter may be kept.
3. Details of transactions related to the fulfilment and administration of counselling and psychotherapy services provided may be kept.
4. Details of your visits to my website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, may be kept, whether required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
B. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data that is collected from you via any contact forms initiated through my website will be sent securely to my email address.
C. INFORMATION USAGE
1. To provide you with information or services that you request from me, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
3. To notify you about changes to my services.
If you are an existing client, I will only contact you by electronic means with information about services I am currently providing you.
D. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of relevant professional bodies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
E. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
1. My website may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for statistical purposes. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
2. For the same reason, my website may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me:
a) To estimate audience size and usage pattern;
b) To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests;
c) To potentially recognise you when you return to my site.
F. ONLINE SERVICES
1. All online services are delivered via Zoom which is UK GDPR compliant affording the highest standard in security. However, no platform is completely immune from monitoring, particularly from state-sponsored operators.
2. When using a computer or phone to join an online session, some device information is collected for technical delivery purposes only. These include:
a) Name/phone number (as entered when joining zoom)
b) Device type (eg Mac/Windows)
c) Public IP address
d) Location (20-mile radius)
e) Network type (eg Wi-Fi or wired)
f) Microphone, speaker and camera type (eg built-in)
g) Data centre
h) Connection time